These High protein cashew butter bars are so delicious! Ever since I discovered cashew butter at Whole Foods, I’ve been hooked! It has such a sweet creamy taste and I love using it in my protein bars and smoothies.
If you are on a plant-based diet, then you know how hard it is to keep your protein levels up. Add a strict workout routine, in there and you’ve got a real mess on your hands! I started buying protein bars to add to my protein intake when I started doing light lifting. I quickly relaxed how expensive protein bars are! High quality bars can run you 6 dollars a pop or more! To top that off, I also noticed that the ingredients in store-bought protein bars are kind of sketchy so I started making my own to have comfort in knowing exactly whats going into my body. Investing in high quality protein and using it for your smoothies and protein bars will save you money in the long run and you can customize everything to your taste!
These bars very easy to make, delicious, require no baking, and they are a good snack for post or pre-workout. You can also snack on these bars at work or at school! Lets get started!
- 2 cups of cashew butter
- 1 Pack of protein powder (4 scoops)
- 1/3 cup of almond Milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Pecans (or any topping of choice)
- Place cashew butter, protein powder, almond milk, and maple syrup into a mixing bowl and stir
- Pour mixture into a pan
- Sprinkle your favorite topping on the mixture
- Place the pan into the freezer for 5 minutes to allow mixture to set
- Remove the bars from the freezer and slice them
*Feel free to replace ingredients if you need to.